by syndax vuzz
Over the last several pages, I’ve summarized an attitude, “spacious passion,” which I claimed is the key to Buddhist tantra. Here are some likely objections:
- An attitude? Disappointing. Is that all there is to tantra? Big deal.
- This is just common sense. I already have that attitude.
- It’s unrealistic. Sounds nice, but can anyone live that way?
- What about suffering? Isn’t Buddhism supposed to be the solution to that? How does your attitude help?
- Tantra is about gods and demons and miraculous flying lamas. That’s what makes it different from regular Buddhism, and you’ve left all that out.
I’ll address these points gradually over the next several pages.
This page is about disappointment.
View original post 694 more words